Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Lupe Fiasco speaks on his new album Lasers



On Monday night, Lupe Fiasco appeared on the DJ Green Lantern's Invasion Radio Show where he dicussed details about his third studio album, and the status of Child Rebel Soldier, the Hip Hop group composed of himself, Kanye West, and Pharrell Williams.

The Chicago native recently considered retirement due to a disillusionment with the industry, leading to the postponement of his third LP, which was previously titled LupE.N.D. Now, Lupe says he's already delivered the album, Lasers, to Atlantic Records.

"Im actually going in to turn it into the label in the morning [Tuesday]," he told the radio show yesterday. "I was actually supposed to turn it in tonight. And I'm just keeping it crispy with my fans now. I'm not going to be like 'Yeah it'll be out soon!' I'm turning it into the label tomorrow. They're going to go through their processes, see what they need to do, pick whatever singles they want to do. And I'm hoping [the album will come out] before the summer. That's just what it is."

In addition, Lupe assured that the CRS collaboration with Kanye and Parrell is still in the works, having already recorded four unreleased tracks. "I'm not even going to stray anybody like that. Pharrell hit me the other day and said we need to go back in the studio and do some more songs. I don't know what Kanye's doing, but we'll figure it out."

Source:http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.10517/title.lupe-fiasco-talks-upcoming-album-gives-details-on-child-rebel-soldier

No comments:

Post a Comment