Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Dr. Dre On Detox, Making The Perfect Record, And Beats By Dre

Eight years in the making and fans are still awaiting the release of possibly the most anticipated album of his career. Holdups as continuous as each calendar day, The Doc does not expect to drop Detox before 2011.

"I got some shit coming, believe me," he tells The Guardian this weekend at Best Buy while promoting his Beats By Dre high end headphones. "I'm just trying to be a creator in among all this shit that's going on," he added.

Chairman of Interscope Records, Jimmy Iovine, who also happens to be Dr. Dre's retail partner, explained their thinking behind Beats. "Three years ago we were talking about the deals that acts do," Iovine recalls. "We said, 'We gotta do something about sound.' We went from analogue to digital and the digital revolution all went terribly wrong. So we said, 'Screw the sneakers, let’s get into headphones and speakers'", he continued.

So when is Detox dropping? "I just want to get my music out and make sure that it's heard in the right way. That's all I give a fuck about," Dre commented, beating around the bush. "I have to go out to clubs now [to prepare for Detox's release]. You need to understand what people are listening to."

When asked if Dre had yet created the perfect record for Detox, he replied, "I don't think I've done that record yet. I'll know what it is when it comes; I know exactly what it is in my head, but I haven't done it yet. It's close."

Source http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.10501/title.dr-dre-on-detox-making-the-perfect-record-and-beats-by-dre

No comments:

Post a Comment