Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Jay-Z Explains Not Doing "We Are The World"

DESNG Bringing you the latest in Hip Hop
Although it seemed like everyone took part in the new "We Are The World" remake, one person was noticeably absent, Jay-Z. At the recent Jay-Z / LeBron James All-Star weekend "Two-Kings" dinner, Jigga was asked why he did not participate in the remake. "I have a interesting take on that. I know everybody is gonna take this wrong: "We Are the World," I love it, and I understand the point and think it’s great. But I think “We Are the World” is like “Thriller” to me. I don’t ever wanna see it touched. I’m a fan of music. I know the plight and everything that’s going on in Haiti. I applaud the efforts. Like 1 out of 2 Americans donated through text to Haiti. That’s amazing. So I appreciate the efforts and everything, but “We are the World” is untouchable like “Thriller” is untouchable. Some things are just untouchable. It was a valiant effort, but for me, it’s gonna be untouchable."


Source:http://www.rapbasement.com/jay-z/021610-jay-z-talks-about-not-doing-the-we-are-the-world-remake-watch-here.html

1 comment: